Always painting color (can’t live without it!), I’ve turned to mixed media in order to express the truths with which, God has pierced my heart. Some argue the benefit of words over pictures while others prefer pictures over words. I have too much to say to settle for one. Similarly, mixed media frees me from the confines of just one medium. I use the combination that best suits my expression—luscious brushstrokes, calligraphy, text, drawing, printmaking and beautiful papers.

The Fruit of Righteousness is a Tree of Life


The book of Revelation describes the tree of life as "bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." Revelation 21:2. It doesn't tell us what the tree looks like but I've depicted as a palm tree because of its favorable reference in the Bible (Psalm 92:12) and the carved palm trees in Solomon's temple. Adam and Eve could have eaten from the tree of life and lived forever--they had permission. But instead they chose to know evil. Here again is the pomegranate as the fruit that adorned the priest's robes. The gold and cream-colored checkerboard pattern evokes the look of a palace or perhaps, streets of gold.